Quebec History Marianopolis College

Date Published:
June 2005

L’Encyclopédie de l’histoire du Québec / The Quebec History Encyclopedia


East Angus


East Angus, a town in Compton county, Quebec, on the St. Francis river and on the Quebec Central Railway, 14 miles north-east of Sherbrooke, and 85 miles south-west of Valley Junction. It was called after William Angus, a wealthy Montreal manufacturer, who erected a paper mill there in 1882, and it was incorporated as a town in 1912. Pulp and paper manufacturing and brick-making are its chief industries. There is a high school.

Source  : W. Stewart WALLACE, ed., The Encyclopedia of Canada, Vol. II, Toronto, University Associates of Canada , 1948, 411p., p. 256.


© 2005 Claude Bélanger, Marianopolis College