Quebec History Marianopolis College

Date Published:
March 2005

L’Encyclopédie de l’histoire du Québec / The Quebec History Encyclopedia


Commission des Monuments historiques

de la Province de Québec


Commission des Monuments Historiques de la Province de Québec, a society established in Quebec on March 21, 1922, by Act of the provincial legislature, with the object of listing and preserving all buildings of historical interest in the province of Quebec. Its publications include three Rapports (1922-23, 1923-25, and 1925-26), and the following volumes: Monuments commémoratifs (by Pierre Georges Roy, Quebec, 1923, 2 vols.), Les vieilles églises de la province de Québec, 1647-1800 (Quebec, 1925), Vieux manoirs, vieilles maisons (Quebec, 1927, in both French and English), and L'île d'Orléans (Quebec, 1928).


Source : W. Stewart WALLACE, ed., The Encyclopedia of Canada, Vol. II, Toronto, University Associates of Canada, 1948, 411p., p. 108.

© 2005 Claude Bélanger, Marianopolis College