"Pat Murphy's Meadow"
King's Cove, Bonavista Bay
Photo courtesy of Kent Hotson [July 2004]
Originally written in the 1930's as a poem by J. M. Devine, a King's Cove native, it was later put to music. The song was made popular by the McNulty Family singers of Ireland. J. M. Devine was a cousin of Gerald S. Doyle, another well-known Newfoundlander, who was the owner of the Water Street emporium, The Big 6, in St. John's.
To read the words of the poem follow this link.
© 2004 Claude Bélanger, Marianopolis College