Quebec History Marianopolis College

Date Published:
July 2005

L’Encyclopédie de l’histoire du Québec / The Quebec History Encyclopedia


Fort Pic


Fort Pic, a North West Company post at the mouth of the Pic river, on the north shore of lake Superior. It was built about 1788, on the site of an earlier trading post, at the beginning of the canoe route to Long lake. After the union of 1821, it was operated by the Hudson's Bay Company until about 1865.

Source  : W. Stewart WALLACE, ed., The Encyclopedia of Canada, Vol. II, Toronto, University Associates of Canada, 1948, 411p., p. 374. 


© 2005 Claude Bélanger, Marianopolis College