Quebec History Marianopolis College

Date Published:
March 2005

L’Encyclopédie de l’histoire du Québec / The Quebec History Encyclopedia




Como, a village in Vaudreuil county, Quebec, on the shores of the lake of two Mountains, and on the Canadian Pacific Railway, 2 miles from Hudson. The name was first applied to the village from a supposed similarity between the scenery and that of lake Como in Italy ; but in 1918 the village of Como Vast was incorporated, and in 1921 the name of Como proper was changed to Hudson. Como East then became Como.

Source : W. Stewart WALLACE, ed., The Encyclopedia of Canada, Vol. II, Toronto, University Associates of Canada, 1948, 411p., p. 109.


© 2005 Claude Bélanger, Marianopolis College