Quebec History Marianopolis College

Date Published:
March 2005

L’Encyclopédie de l’histoire du Québec / The Quebec History Encyclopedia




Château-Richer, a parish in Montmorency county, Quebec, on the north shore of the St. Lawrence, and on the Canadian National and Quebec Electric Railways, 15 miles north-west of the city of Quebec. It was established by Bishop Laval in 1678, and was probably named after the priory of Château-Richer in France, which is often mentioned in Laval's letters. It contains a number of old houses, and the Petit Pré mill was built in 1691.

Source  : W. Stewart WALLACE, ed., The Encyclopedia of Canada, Vol. II, Toronto, University Associates of Canada, 1948, 411p., p. 39.


© 2005 Claude Bélanger, Marianopolis College